Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hero Quest End of Chapter 1

Maggie nodded and went into action.  John called the mission to let them know that they would not be participating and also reported that the shelter was full.  “There is no way we will bring anybody else into this mess right now,” John told himself.  Then John called Corrina.  “I am so sorry honey.  I’m not sure when I will be home.  I know that I promised that I would be home a little early.”  John started to get choked up.  “What’s wrong John?”  “Just pray.”  John squeezed out.  “Everything is falling apart.  Look I need to go.” 
    John pulled himself together and sat in his office waiting to see what would happen next.  He focused his thoughts.  The waiting was killing him though.  “I feel like I am wasting time doing nothing.” 
His boss stopped by to check on John.  “Are you all right?”
“I will be.  Corrina was going to a conference tonight so I need to go pretty soon.”
“We’ll see what the police think.  But you should be able to leave soon.  She told me that I was as useless as you.”  John’s boss started to chuckle.  “She is not a nice woman.”
John nodded in agreement.
“For what it’s worth I heard several of the other guests telling the police that you had your hands up in the air and did not actually hurt her in anyway.  There was one gal; I think her name is Jennifer.  She told the officer that you couldn’t do that, because you had too much respect for women.”
John began to cry.
“Do you know how many times I’ve had to kick Jennifer out of this shelter for different reasons?  For her to support me is incredible.”  John couldn’t stop weeping now.  His boss went out to check on the latest.  Maggie returned with dinner.
After talking with the police John was free to go and returned home.  After a short recounting of events he encouraged Corrina to go to the conference while he stayed with the kids.  During devotions the reading particularly spoke to him and he started to cry again.  His emotions were frazzled.  Normally, he would have led the children in prayer but tonight, he simply asked them to pray for him.  All three of his kid put their hands on their daddy’s head and prayed for him.  After they were tucked in, John went for a run on the treadmill, took a shower and spent the rest of the evening seeking God.

No comments:

Post a Comment