Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hero Quest Chapter 1 Part 4

John put away his Bible and his planner, a smile crossed his face as he made his way into the kitchen to make the woman of his heart a coffee.  He still remembered why he did this every morning.  She had asked him one day to start waking her up early.  While she was very beautiful, this woman has never been a morning person.  He had feared her and then devised a pleasant way to wake her up.  Each morning he would bring her a latte, just as she liked it, kiss her on the cheek, say good morning and then leave her to move into her day.  If she was not out of bed in fifteen minutes he would go back and prod her some more but that had never happened.  On most mornings, Corrina would appear in the kitchen ready to help prepare breakfast for the kids who only liked her way of making toast.  A tired smile would greet John as he finished stirring the kids chocolate milk, or some other small task that needed done before he dove into his day.
“What’s the plan?” Corrina asked knowing that John Hero always had a plan for the day.
John rubbed his chin thoughtfully, “I thought that I would go to the gym.  It just looks to icy to run outside this morning.  Then I’ll go right to work.”
“Sounds like a plan.”  Corrina finished buttering the toast for Ricky the youngest of children.  “What do you want on your toast?”
Ricky was obviously in a different world. “I don’t know.  Let me think.”  He smacked his lips a couple of times trying to discern what his taste buds would desire this day.  “Butter and honey.”
“Butter and honey it is then.”
“What’s your plan?”  John asked knowing that her plan was pretty much the same everyday.
“You know.”
“I do but I love to hear you talk.  For many your life might seem dull but when you tell it I get goose bumps.  Besides sometimes it’s different”
“Well I don’t know the laundry, which I will remind you was totally done yesterday at noon is already up to my eyeballs.  So I might jump into that.   Besides that adventure we will keep working through home school.  What time will you be home tonight?”

No comments:

Post a Comment