Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Progress on my goals January 1-7, 2012

Below is what I accomplished toward my stated goals January 1-7, 2012.  My purpose in posting this each week will be to help hold me accountable and also to push me to accomplish more.  


 TargetActually Done
Leadership Bible35 pages a week35 pages
Faith in Action Bible42 pages a week42 pages
Message Read Through7 Days youversion programOn track
Running15 miles a week20 miles
Crunches1000 a week1000
Floss7 times a week7 Days
Face Cleaning/Lotions7 times a week6 Days
I Like Book7 times a week6 times
Modules2 a week2
Guy Time1 a week1
Self Exam7 a week3
Book Reading1 Book a week1 book complete
Date with Cara1 a month1
Date with Rachel1 a quarter0


The running this week was in my new Vibrams.  I loved every minute of it.  I read a couple of years ago that one of the secrets to running success is to run lighter.  These shoes force you to do that.
I stuggled making time for the self exam times.  The different types of self exams are listed under my 1st quarter plans.  But essentially my intension here is to fullfill 1 Corinthians 11:28.  I want to be in the practice of honestly appraising myself daily.  I obviously fell short this week.  I realized that this might be more doable if I break up some of the categories.  For example:  When I examine myself regarding the 12 scout laws, doing this in two groups of six is more doable. 
My date with Cara was not a real date so I will still need to take her out at some point.  Our recent vacation took all of our just for fun money so we sat together and watched a movie. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your idea. I am working in this direction as well-stating my goals and making them more public. I am trying to start a running club at work so I have some buddies doing that with me. Do you use some sort of website or widget for your goals or is this just an imported spread sheet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just used a spreadsheet. I am a simple sort of guy.

    ReplyDelete